We would like to take this opportunity of wishing a Happy New Year from all the staff at Policing Matters. We hope that 2014 brings you the happiness and success you wish for, and with it a personal and professional contentment.
We are really excited about the year ahead and there are lots of exciting developments so watch this space in 2014.
Towards the end of last year we reviewed our own contribution to the challenging world of Policing and Law Enforcement. This was our first year working together as a team and we found it both inspiring and stimulating. We had a number of fantastic opportunities to help deliver bespoke products to policing and law enforcement organisations:
- Worked with the Metropolitan Police executive team helping them better address some of their policing challenges
- Facilitated a two-day session with the top teams at West Mercia and Warwickshire Police as they worked towards a strategic alliance
- Organised and ran a two-day conference at Bramshill with Immigration Enforcement where 120 staff from around the UK attended
- Held a conference at Harris Manchester College Oxford where speakers such as Sir Peter Fahy and Sue Akers spoke on ‘Leading Ethical Performance‘
- Designed, developed and delivered a whole new leadership programme for police officers and staff in the States of Jersey Police
- Coached a significant number of police officers and staff throughout the UK on a one-to-one basis
- Made some great connections abroad and in particular have had a very fruitful relationship with Prof Gary Cordner
- Built a great team to deliver our MSc in Policing and Law Enforcement
- Our social media presence increased significantly with over 2600 members on LinkedIn and over 1k followers on Twitter
All in all we had a very successful and enjoyable year and it is upon this success that we want to build. Our team are always looking for new innovative ways of doing business – so please look out for some of the offerings in 2014. In particular we will be providing:
- A new flexible way to delivering leadership and development programmes that will provide participants with CAT points towards a post-graduate University Degree.
- Offering a number of leadership development programmes that utilise coaching skills to increase the performance of individuals and teams. These will be accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Development
- Producing a number of leadership products on our website that will help leaders bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Appointing a new member of the team with a focus on developing opportunities our substantial LinkedIn group.
- Providing leadership products for organisations in other public and private sector organisations.
We have really enjoyed the last year and want to help you as individuals, teams and organisations maximise the return on abilities. Our strategic aim is to create energy for excellence with a focus that bridges the gap between theory and practice.
Thank you for all the support in 2013 and we look forward to working with you in 2014.